Private Movement sessions
Private individualized sessions by Master instructor (RN, PT) tailored to the movement needs and personal goals of the individual person. The initial session includes postural, gait and movement assessment. Ongoing sessions are dynamic and utilize Pilates, Galileo ® vibration, OOV and treadmill work as appropriate. Coordination with all client’s healthcare team to ensure continuity and goal attainment are considered a vital component. Get started on your movement and life goals!
what are your goals?
what is happening in your movement?
- Does your back hurt after going for a walk?
- Do you wish you could play 18 holes instead of 9?
- Do you have to ice your knees after playing tennis?
- Would you like to do these things more often and without pain?
- Do you have a chronic condition(s) that limits your movement?
- Do you notice muscle imbalances – uneven shoulders, hips, arm swing?
- Is it more difficult to do your regular activities of life – put on socks, bend down, turn around when driving?
- Are you an athlete with a dominant side and want to avoid injury?
how pilates-based movement can help
- Improve balance, coordination and circulation
- Improve postural problems & alleviate back pain
- Enhance ease of movement, balance, strength, and flexibility
- Increase core strength, stability, and peripheral mobility
- Challenge neuromuscular patterns to create dynamic change in the body quickly and efficiently
- Work within your medical treatment team for a coordinated approach to improved movement
Your Session is guided by your Goals and your body unique capibilies and needs. We begin your fitness journey very mindfully.
- Identify your Goals – what would you like to to be able to do that you are not able to do? Get ready for your wedding, recover from your pregnancy, fit into your old jeans, golf, get on the ground, run faster…. (pain free, as many times as you want to, or even at all!) What is stopping you? (pain, lack of strength, flexibility, mobility, balance, etc)
- Identify what strength, mobility, & stability is needed to accomplish your goals
- Fitness assessment of your body
- Creation of Plan based on your body to accomplish your goals
- This is a ongoing process between you and your instructor(s) and will most likely involve a combination of private sessions, classes and homework – all based on your schedule, budget and goals. Our mission is change and goal accomplishment for you, working together.
While there is no substitute for expert personal attention, the next best is semi-private and duet training. You and a friend will be able to train together (for a lower individual rate), without sacrificing all of the benefits on a one-on-one session. This is the perfect option if you and a friend are working on similar goals, or have a synched-up training schedule.
Enjoy the benefit of Private Pilates Training but with the motivation that comes from training with an exercise partner, at a reduced rate! Duet Pilates (2-Person training) is so much fun and a great way to stay committed to regular workout schedule.
Duets work best when you and your partner can commit to the same schedule every week and have similar physical abilities/goals. If you are brand new to Pilates, we recommend attending a couple of Private Pilates Session prior to teaming up for Duet Pilates Training.
Personalizes sessions provide a great workout, and you’ll likely feel sore afterward, but the benefits go even deeper than building and lengthening muscle. Research shows that pilates movements are good for your entire body –stimulating lymphatic drainage, relieving depression, increasing energy, improving sleep and posture, and more.
You can also call /text 314-896-0745 or email